University of Medan Area has already set the New Normal Health Protocol that must be obeyed either by the academic community or people outside while in the campus environment, namely:
- Everyone is required to do body temperature checking done by security guard at the entrance gate before coming into UMA campus environment.
- Everyone is required to wear mask properly according to the health rules.
- Everyone is required to wash their hands in the place and facilities that have been provided or use hand sanitizer before entering the room.
- Everyone is required to do physical distancing while in UMA campus environment.
- Everyone is required to avoid crowds (more than five people) while in UMA campus environment.
- Everyone who feels the symptoms of Covid-19 is not allowed to visit the campus and required to rest at home.
- Everyone is required to take an active role in maintaining hygiene and health while in UMA campus environment
University ofMedan Area also has provided Infrastructure for the implementation of the New Normal Health Protocol in the form of:
– Provide hand washing facilities in all campus buildings.
– Provide hand sanitizer facilities at every room entrance throughout the campus building.
– Spray disinfectant in all rooms in each building, before and after use.
– Install appeal banners placed in strategic locations, containing: 1) maintaining cleanliness, 2) the obligation of wearing masks, 3) applying physical distancing, 4) washing hands regularly in the facilities provided, 5) wearing gloves, specifically for practicum participants, 6) throwing trash in its place, and 7) maintaining campus order.
– Provide special masks for guests.
– Install warning boards containing “ The Area of Requiring to use Mask and Wash Hands”in strategic locations in around UMA campus environment.
– Impose sanctions for those who break the health protocol.
In addition, University of Medan Area also has issued regulations and rules that ensure the implementation of the New Normal Health Protocol in UMA Campus Environment in the form of:
- Issue the rectors decision letter for the Covid-19 Supervisory Task Force at the University and Faculty level.
- Set new security standards.
- Set new health standards for lecturers and staff.
- Set new information and communication system standards.
- Set new monitoring and evaluation standards.
- Set new schedule and workday standards for employees and administrative staff.
- Carry out socialization of all policies and implementation of new standards through online presentations in an ongoing, directed, comprehensive, and measurable manner to all academic community.
- Issue the Health Protocol for the implementation of:
- Administrative services
- – Office Activities
- Teaching and Learning Activities
- Guest Services
– Implement a blended learning system starting in the Odd Semester Academic Year 2020/2021.
– Publishonline education and service applications to reduce the activity of gathering on campus.
– Publish online application services and administrative process to improve the paperless policy.
– Publish application system for paying tuition fees and other costs to reduce the frequency of student attendance on campus.
University of Medan Area always strives to continue implementing health protocol to support government programs and ensure educational activities and services for all stakeholders remain optimal.