In an attempt to improve the building setting and the university environment that leads to an eco-friendly environment and the role of the University in fostering a green generation, with education, research, and supporting activities. Universitas Medan Area provides a facility, namely sidewalk (pedestrian path) and cycle track.
Sidewalk is a kind of facility for pedestrians in carrying out activities, so it requires sufficient space to do things like look around, before deciding to go to one of the places visited and it certainly can improve the level of safety and convenience for pedestrians.
Meanwhile cycle track is used for people riding bicycle and are separated from motor vehicle line to improve the safety of cyclist.
Universitas Medan Area dalam membangun sarana Jalur Pedestrian dan Jalur Sepeda memiliki beberapa tujuan diantaranya yaitu
Universitas Medan Area has several objectives in building facilities for Pedestrians and Cyclists, i.e:
- To protect pedestrians and cyclists from motor vehicle traffic risk.
- The pedestrian path can be a place of social interaction between communities in the environment of Universitas Medan Area.
- To improve the safety and convenience for pedestrians and cyclists
- To reduce the risk of traffic accidents for cyclists
- To create a smooth traffic flow in Universitas Medan Area
The main purpose of Universitas Medan Area is to build this facility as an indicator of the university in providing more space for greening, environmental safety or the convenience of the surrounding environment