One form of conservation jargon, currently at the Universitas Medan Area has been to carry out butterfly conservation efforts through species inventorying and breeding pilots carried out by the conservation and wildlife conservation study group of the Biology Faculty Laboratory. The establishment of the Butterfly Park is a manifestation of one of the conservation implementation at Universitas Medan Area, which is biodiversity conservation specifically to empower butterflies, especially in the environment around UMA.
The hope, with the breeding of butterflies can provide more knowledge and experience about the diversity of butterflies in the environment around the Universitas Medan Area. The more people know and the more people know, the more people will care about the existence of butterflies so that they can preserve the species of butterflies that are beginning to be scarce to avoid extinction.
Benefits of Establishing a Butterfly Park
The existence of the establishment of Butterfly Park in an effort to realize UMA as a conservation university in providing many benefits for various parties including:
- Benefits for butterflies
- The breeding of butterflies in UMA certainly provides benefits for the life of a butterfly.
- Maintaining the diversity of species of butterflies, especially the types of butterflies that are starting to be rare.
- Making this Butterfly Park a place for morphed butterflies.
- Protect butterflies that are metamorphosed from the threat of predators.
- Benefits for UMA Students and High School Students
Besides being useful for the butterfly itself, Butterfly Sanctuary is also useful for UMA students and High School Students:
- Useful as a means of observation and research for UMA students in particular.
- Useful as a learning resource about butterfly diversity in UMA for students from kindergarten to college students.